Hello all, in this tutorial, we are going to learn how to create a new dynamic web project using eclipse. We need eclipse IDE that supports java EE and tomcat to create dynamic web project.
For installing eclipse and apache tomcat 6, simply extract them to some suitable folder.
Configure Apache Tomcat with Eclipse:
- Open eclipse. It will ask for some workspace. Select the folder you want to use as workspace.
- As you’ve donwloaded eclipse IDE for java EE development, you will get java EE perspective by default. But if you don’t, then click window -> open perspective -> other.
- Select other and you will see the dialog as follows.
- Now we need to add apache tomcat server into eclipse that is needed to create dynamic web project. You can see servers tab as follows. Right click on the blank area and click new -> server
- This will open a wizard to select the server as follows.
- Click Next > and you will see this dialog box.
Click Finish and we are done with server configuration for eclipse.
Creating a dynamic web project:
- Click File > New > Dynamic Web Project and it will open this dialog.
- Keep clicking Next > until you get this dialog.
- Make sure you have checked Generate web.xml deployment descriptor. Now click Finish. You will get a project structure in project explorer as follows.
Thus we have successfully created a new dynamic web project.