We are going to commence our new tutorial series about Machine Learning. We will use python as programming language for this tutorial series. This article gives a brief introduction to Machine Learning.
Introduction To Machine Learning:
Wikipedia defines Machine Learning as
Machine learning is a field of computer science that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed
Tom M. Mitchell provided a widely quoted, more formal definition of the algorithms studied in the machine learning field: “A computer program is said to learn from experience E with respect to some class of tasks T and performance measure P if its performance at tasks in T, as measured by P, improves with experience E.”
Machine Learning models consists algorithms that can learn and make predictions from data.Machine Learning has been evolved from prediction making and computational learning theory in artificial intelligence.It helps computers to learn and perform a certain task based on past experience.These models can be based on following:
- Classification of predictions
- Classification of process where machine can recognize and categorize things from datasets.
Categories of Machine Leaning:
Machine Learning can be categorized as follows:
- Supervised Learning
- Teaching or training machine where data is well-labeled with correct answer or outcome
- Unsupervised Learning
- Machine is trained where data is not labeled
- Reinforcement Leaning
- Same as unsupervised learning where data is not labeled but the outcome is decided
In this article we saw a brief introduction to Machine Learning and in next article we will see how to install Anaconda.